Hello and happy Sunday! It's time for one of my favourite posts of the week; How Are You Doing? I always mention how I feel like the blogging community is being silenced by the use of Twitter and other social media. Yes it's great how you can spark up a conversation with someone so quickly, but where are the days when we'd leave comments as long as essays on a blog post, and actually get a meaningful reply? Anyway, here are my questions for this week!
01. How are you today?
02. What've you done this weekend?
03. Do you work or study? If so, what do you do?
04. What's your favourite family tradition?
05. And your biggest pet peeve?
06. Have you ever met anyone famous?
And as always, here are my answers:
01. I'm fantastic today. A bit tired but still great!
02. This weekend I've just chilled after a busy week.
03. I work! I'm a Junior PR Executive and work doing blog posts and creating content for companies. It's a pretty fun job - I love it!
04. Every Autumn for the past few years, my family and I go for a wintery walk in a country park near my house. We wrap up in hats, scarves, wellies and big winter coats and have a wander with a hot chocolate. It's some of my best childhood memories!
05. The biggest pet peeve I have is when people scrape their teeth on a fork. I literally have no idea why it annoys me so much, but the sound and the feeling it gives me is disgusting!
06. Yep! When I was about 11, my best friend at the time and I queued almost 8 hours to get a handshake and a book signing for Peter Andre. Possibly the worst way to spend a Sunday looking back on it now but I loved it at the time!
• Being tucked up in bed by the grand old time of 8pm because you're just too wild & can't be tamed • Watching trashy TV. That's right, TOWIE, The Real Housewives & Jerseylicious - you just can't beat it! • Being able to look (and feel like) complete shit but it's totally acceptable. • Fluffy slipper socks. Need I say no more? • Feeling like you're being spied on 24/7 when your cat sits and watches you bathe. And go to the toilet. And sleep. • Fairy lights & cozy blankets. • Being greeted by a purring kitten as soon as you open the door • Hot chocolate in the big soup mugs, not forgetting to add mountains of whipped cream & enough marshmallows to drown in •
What are your plans for this weekend?
Is there actually a life offline? So many times when I'm stuck without internet or I've ran out of data, I feel lost. There's times when I've been on 2 hour-long bus journeys with no internet or WiFi, and I've questioned everything from the point of a dinosaur's existence to who names colours. If you're stuck in the same boat as me and are wondering what life was before the Internet, I've compiled a list of fun things to do when you've ran out of internet.
People-watchEver since I was little, one of my favourite things to do is to people-watch. When I was younger my mum could actually take me to a cafe, buy me a drink and I'd sit for hours just watching people and eavesdropping on their conversations. It's a fun way to pass time!
Guess their lifeAnother fun thing I like to do ties in with people-watching. I do this really random thing where I pick a person and try and guess their life, from their ages and jobs to family. I also think it's where I get my creative thinking from because sometimes I try and guess their lives and where they're off to. Call me crazy but it keeps me entertained!
Go exploringMaybe not the best idea for keeping yourself occupied on the way to work, but if you're at home with no internet & nothing to do, get your coat on and explore! One of my favourite things to do when I'm bored is go for a walk. Even if it's in your own town/village, put your earphones in and walk. You're bound to find something you haven't noticed before, even if you do drive past it multiple times a day!
Talk to people around youThis is the one I'm trying to get used to more. As many of you know who read this blog I used to have really bad social anxiety, so I try my best to push myself out of my comfort zones even when I think I've overcome it. A few weeks ago I had a conversation with a lady on the bus, where we spent about 15 minutes talking about her house and how she's decorating her living room. It's such a small, relatively easy thing to do and definitely keeps you entertained - you meet some characters!
Draw on bus windowsOk, maybe there's another thing that only I do. This point is what I always do when I'm travelling on the bus in the Winter and have no internet - I leave small drawings and messages on the bus from myself, to myself. Probably really weird to the people around me and the people who sit in my seat next, but it cures my boredom!
What do you do when you're bored? I'd love to know some suggestions. As always, I'm due to run out of data so I need some inspiration!
Yay! We're back with another How Are You Doing? post - one of my favourite features on this blog. I mentioned in the last post of this series that the aim of this is to try and get back a fostered community over here, giving us both the opportunity to get to know each other better. So if you have the time to write back a comment to these questions, I would really appreciate it!
01. How are you doing today?
02. What are your plans for today? Or what have you done today?
03. What's your opinion on Kim Kardashian?
04. Are you a night-out or night-in kinda person?
05. What's your favourite part of the year?
06. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Here are my answers:
01. I'm doing great today! It's currently a Sunday evening and I'm writing this waiting for I'm A Celebrity, but I'm doing great :)
02. Today I've been re-designing my blog, chilling and eating food with my boyfriend! They're my favourite days.
03. Personally, I love her. Even if she does appear in 99% of the news feeds I read.
04. I'm definitely a night-in person! I live for nights where I can just snuggle in my pjs with blankets, hot chocolates and trashy TV. Definitely beats nights out!
05. WINTER. Christmas, hats, snow, hot chocolate and I'm A Celeb. Say no more.
06. Definitely to be invisible! Imagine how many things you could get away with!